Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
A warming soup perfect for winter.
Makes 2 generous helpings for a main meal or 4 starter helpings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1 large sweet potato cut into 1cm cubes
- A couple of centimetres fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and.
- Chop the onion and add to the pan, cook for 5 - 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the ginger and sweet potato to the pan, give it a stir and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the flour and cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock and give everything a good stir to make sure the flour isn't sticking to the bottom.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 15mins
- Allow to cool slightly and then blend. I use a hand blender so I can blend directly in the pan.
- Serve and top with the fresh coriander.